DPI News Release
| For Immediate Release
Contact: Bill Satterfield, (302) 856-9037, email@example.com
| << Go
DPI Urges Maryland Department of Agriculture to Stop PMT Regulation
Georgetown, DE - Dec. 29, 2014 -- Delmarva Poultry Industry, Inc. has submitted comments to the Maryland Department of Agriculture prior to the close of the public comment period on December 31 asking it to stop adoption of the proposed Phosphorus Management Tool regulation printed in the December 1, 2014 Maryland Register.
Among other things, DPI made these points.Click here to read the complete letter.
- The proposed PMT regulations cannot quantify the amount of phosphorus that will not reach the Chesapeake Bay.
- There are serious questions about the economic benefits of these regulations.
- There are serious questions about state financial assistance to help farmers cope with the proposed regulations.
- Larger sources of phosphorus pollution need to be addressed more aggressively.
- Rather than rushing to adopt a politically driven regulation, the 2017 mid-point update of the Chesapeake Bay Model should be completed and used so decisions can be made based upon the most current data.
| << Go to archive.